- Jill & Keith’s Cottiers Wedding – Sneak Peek
- Additions to Andy Murray’s penguin family
- My Truly Madly Kids blog post – waiting 25 years to turn 40
- Electric Glen 2014 – a few Facebook photos
- I’m now a guest writer for Truly Madly Kids…
- Photos of Celtic Connections – Imelda May at The Old Fruitmarket
- Photos of Celtic Connections – The Mountain Firework Company
- Dear London…
- ASB Highlights of 2013
- Freja Designer Dressmaking
- Twelve days of swibmas
- Photography of PAX in the City – The George Hotel – Edinburgh
- How Do Photographers Survive The Winter?
Tag Archives: show
Carrie Mac celebrated her 24th birthday with a performance at the Apple Store in Glasgow, to promote her upcoming single “Till I See You Again”. Carrie spent her last birthday playing in a wee venue in her home town of Edinburgh; this year she faced an adoring crowd and went home with armfuls of cards, presents and cakes!
I’ve shot a lot of live music gigs and some pretty fast-moving stage antics but this production from The McKechnie School of Dance really put me through my paces! They put on two amazing shows at Falkirk Town Hall a few weeks ago and I was there to shoot their opening night. There were about fifty separate performances and at least as many kids involved – it seemed terribly calm backstage but I can’t imagine how they coped with so many costumes, make-up changes and tired little people. It moved very, very fast and *this* little person was exhausted by the end of it so I doff my hat to everyone on stage and behind the scenes.
It was one of those nights when the people involved were desperate to see my pictures and relive the experience. I love being able to produce work that puts a smile on their faces. I’m happy to have had great feedback from the organisers, the lighting guru, the kids and parents… and I’m already looking forward to next year!
There were no fiddles, pipes and bodhrans to be found at the Armadillo on Thursday night! A big departure from the other gigs I’m shooting this month, I photographed Alexandra Burke, Carrie Mac and new girl band Parade on the Glasgow leg of their ‘All Night Long’ tour. Click through to Flickr to see many more photos: Alexandra live, Carrie Mac live, Parade live, and backstage.