- Jill & Keith’s Cottiers Wedding – Sneak Peek
- Additions to Andy Murray’s penguin family
- My Truly Madly Kids blog post – waiting 25 years to turn 40
- Electric Glen 2014 – a few Facebook photos
- I’m now a guest writer for Truly Madly Kids…
- Photos of Celtic Connections – Imelda May at The Old Fruitmarket
- Photos of Celtic Connections – The Mountain Firework Company
- Dear London…
- ASB Highlights of 2013
- Freja Designer Dressmaking
- Twelve days of swibmas
- Photography of PAX in the City – The George Hotel – Edinburgh
- How Do Photographers Survive The Winter?
Tag Archives: st andrews
I have good and bad news from St Andrews Aquarium. Sadly, we said goodbye to their original baby meerkat (Piper) this week. He was suffering from a malformation of joints that was causing him some pain and the Aquarium team had to make a very hard decision. Piper was an amazing wee creature and he’ll be sadly missed. He was the star of many of my most popular photos and I enjoyed spending some more time with him a couple of weeks ago; he was great fun and was thriving in his role as big brother to a bunch of new babies.
So that brings me onto the good news.
Kate and Wills gave birth to five new wee ones a few weeks ago and here are a few meerkat family photos I took during my last visit. Unsurprisingly, you’ll see many more pictures soon.
I always have a good day when it involves animals. I spent hours photographing baby meerkats, Laurel the seal and some pretty fish at St Andrews Aquarium today. Everyone posed beautifully for me and I can’t wait to show you the pictures. I also enjoyed some cuddles with three silly spaniels and now I’m home to my baby guinea pigs. Cute overload!
It was a particularly hard shoot as the meerkats weren’t very interested in the props we supplied; in fact, they were interested in everything but! They kept wandering over to my cameras and even took some time to sniff my arm but we kept playing until they hung around the red, white and blue paraphernalia.
Some of the photos were just begging for captions so we joined forces and the lovely Tricia from Volpa PR has produced this brilliant video. Sit back and enjoy some wedding wisdom from our meerkat friends:
Visit Flickr to see the meerkat photos from my last visit; I’ll put together a gallery of new ones in the next day or two.